SPECIAL EDITION ON COVID-19 AND MENTAL HEALTH
The Journal of Mental Health Education (JMHEdu) is the official publication of The Department of Mental Health Education, NIMHANS. The journal is peer-reviewed, is published annually, and accepts high-quality work or writings in the broad fields of mental, neurological, neurosurgical and public health promotion. Manuscripts are accepted for consideration for publication by the JMHEdu with the understanding that they represent original material, have not been published previously, are not being considered for publication elsewhere, and have been approved by each author. The journal publishes articles of authors both from India and abroad with the objective of educating the public on mental health. There is no publication fee and the subscription to the journal is at no cost. This journal allows free access to its contents through the link jmhedu.org
The Journal of mental Health Education will publish a special edition on the theme COVID-19 and Mental Health. The special edition will focus on the population like children, adolescents, adults, elderly, COVID-19 patients, health care professionals and other essential frontline health care providers. We are attempting to assess the impact of COVID-19 crisis among all the above mentioned population. This special edition is accepting original article, review article, brief communications, commentary articles and case studies under the following sub-themes.
- Mental health consequences of COVID-19 outbreak
- Social stigma and COVID-19
- Immediate psychological response for dealing with COVID-19 crisis
- Coping with stress during COVID-19 crisis
- Mental health interventions for Persons in isolation/quarantine and in vulnerable groups
- Psychosocial support for frontline service providers during COVID-19 crisis
- Media, Mental health and COVID-19
- Original Article: 3000 words (excluding abstract and references)
- Brief Communication: 1500 words (excluding abstract and references)
- Letter to Editor: 1000 words, including up to 5 references(Case reports or any other uncontrolled observations should ordinarily be submitted as Letter to Editor)
- Book Review and Media Review: 1500 words
- Commentary, Perspective, Viewpoint: 1500 words.
For more information regarding instructions to authors, please visit http://jmhedu.org/aims-and-scope/
The deadline for submitting the manuscripts is 20th May, 2020. Kindly send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org if any, before submitting your manuscripts.